Monday, February 1, 2016

2.1


All right guys, it's time for my makeup must haves! 
I'm way far from being a makeup guru by any means, but I do really love makeup. Now that I've finally found my go to's for everything from eyeliner to chapstick I figured I'd share them with you. (Since it took me years and way too much money spent at Sephora and CVS to get this routine down.) So you guys know, I have absurdly sensitive skin and all these products have never given me an issue! 

All right, so first up is my moisturizer. Probably the least "fun" item on my list, but also probably the most important! I went through so many years where I didn't take care of my skin; and my biggest faux pau was not moisturizing! You know that terrible feeling after you wash your face when your skin feels insanely dry? Well that is followed by the amazing sensation of giving your skin the moisture that it's screaming for. So, I go for the plainest of the plain - CVS oil free moisturizer. (Tip: it's exactly the same as the Neutrogena oil free moisturizer.)

Okay - I love love love Tarte. All their products are fantastic, but I especially love their foundations. I use their BB cream before I put on powder foundation if I want a bit more coverage, and just the powder if I want something lighter. Side note - I've literally had this amazonian clay foundation for over a YEAR and there's still more in that container to use. So even though it's $40 it is well worth it. 

Here are some randos but still important! The Porefessional from Benefit works wonders to reduce the look of pores. I use it on my nose and it's magic. I also love Nars blush. (Never in a million years did I think I'd be using blush but this one is great.) I naturally have flushed cheeks, but this blush in the color "orgasm" doesn't over do it. It's just enough to brighten up my cheeks without adding too much red. 

If I could only do one bit of makeup for the rest of my life, it'd probably be my brows. Yep, I think it's that important at least for me. The Anastasia brow pencil has been a life saver, as is the gimme brow by Benefit. I use the pencil first to fill in, and the gimme brow gel to set it all in place. 

EYESHADOW! I'm obsessed with the Naked palate. (As is basically everyone I know who has it.) It's such a good investment and it's got pretty much any color I'd personally ever wear. The Too Faced Shadow Insurance is good for long days, it just keeps eye shadow in place if you put it on first. 

So the Roller Lash by Benefit is a new love of mine, but it truly works wonders. My lashes never stay curled but they do with this! Magic. Also, I've always used liquid eyeliner and the Kat VonD liner is the best I've tried. Super easy to get the wing you want! 

Last but not least is lips. I don't always wear lipstick but when I do it's almost always one of these two colors. NARS Audacious Anna lipstick is my absolute favorite. It's a deep mauve color and it goes with basically everything. The next is Mac Viva Glam II. I do always use chapstick and I really like this one from Whole Foods. Only downside is that you have to use your finger to put it on which isn't ideal. It smells great and really repairs chapped lips! 

So there you have it, my makeup essentials (for now). I want this blog to extend past just fashion, so any ideas are greatly appreciated for future posts!! 

x Tessa 

No comments:

Post a Comment